Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tattoo Wednesday!

Today Im going to talk about one of my very special tattoos. Today would be my Uncle John's 41st birthday, but sadly he passed away a few years ago. My Aunt Alicia also passed away a bit before him. So I was just starting to get into tattoos when he passed, I maybe had 2 or 3 at the time. Well I told Lucky I really wanted to get memorial tattoos for my family and after a full day of looking at things, Lucky finally came up with something simple, bold and lovely. Roses with sparrows. In the tattoo world, sailors used to get swallows or sparrows because they carried the souls of their loved ones with them, so I got one for Alicia and John, so I will always have them close to my heart.

This was when it was first done! It was my 3rd or 4th tattoo at the time.
Photobucket

It is one of my favorites and its very special to me. Over the few years my chest has expanded into a great collection of work by Lucky Mathews.
Photobucket
With the spider webs being my latest addition.

I still want to see your tattoos! Send them to me! xoxo!

(Love you Uncle John)

No comments: