Friday, February 3, 2012

Dress up day.

Hello February, where did January go? Well I started my new job at Buffalo Exchange, I am training to be a fashion buyer there. I LOVE my job. I can't say it enough. Since I live in Jamaica Plain and I work in Davis Square, my commute is about an hour (with some leeway time). By the time I get home Im completely exhausted, which is a good thing. I have been busy lately but I have been photographing things. The other day my good friend Nicky came to my house and we played dress up with all the fun pieces in my closet. I let her pick out some of here favorites and then picked out outfits to compliment hers. We got boozey and had so much fun.

This first look, Nicky is wearing my amazing 70's dress that I was meant to own. I decided to wear my vintage 1960's Neiman Marcus gown.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The second look Nicky is wearing an 80's velvet jumpsuit with a gold bow belt. I paired that with me sailor jumpsuit.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Next, maxi dresses in soft pastels.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Gowns you couldn't really wear out and about.
Now Ive wore the off white lace dress before, but I haven't photographed the gold and bronze dress in a long time. Its beautiful and I only paid $2 for it! Unreal.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally, you can tell the wine was really kicking in by this point. I had given Nicky one of my vintage lounge wear dresses and I decided to pull out my vintage bustier and awesome gray high wasted pants with a brown belt. I threw this outfit together and suddenly fell in love with it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

By this point it was 4:45 and I had to go pick up Ronnie from the Airport... and failed at that. It was fun to hang out with Nicky for once and not be surrounded by a ton of people. We plan to get together again and show off more things from my closet. For now, I just need another booze drink at my favorite bar.
Xo!

1 comment:

Roni E. said...

Haha I'm going to have to steal "boozey" from you. That's better than "wasted", "drunk", "tipsy", "shitfaced", or "twisted". Lol!
I can't believe you paid only $2 for that one dress!?!! i wish I could find amazing things like that at the thrift store. All your vintage dresses are lovely! I wanna get boozey and try on pretty dresses, lol. Actually, I've done that at a vintage store and it was quite the good time. If only I were still friends with the owner, haha.
That last outfit you wore is....incredible!